martes, 2 de junio de 2009

NEXT WEEK

or
Deffered Wednesdays
(or why I stopped Wednesday's scuba diving classes)



How come that I can see you once every week,
___ As if fate, in full deliberation, set the stage.
Yet in pursuing my call I remain so meek,
___ and in self horror, retreat slowly into my cage

Class is over, another shower, a familiar pain,
___ your naked beauty, a glance away!
Emotions oscillate, once abandon, twice restrain,
___ but restrain wins, to abandon dismay.

And so, with a crushed spirit,
___ I step back, dry, and get dressed.
"See you next week," nothing in it...
___ I tell myself "it's all to the best"

Wednesday night, back home,
___ my lonesome bed silently cries.
In dry sheets, deserts I roam,
___ to your image, a mirage, my dream flies

And this dream, it is of next week,
___ my eyes closed, my fresh fire went.
And in this dream, it is you I seek,
___ in a Wednesday night, in desert tent.

Next week! Next week!
___ I have become your slave
Oh, next week! Next week"
___ when will your draw me in your wave?


1998/II/28
A. A. S.

No hay comentarios:

Seguidores